At the tail end of 2018, southern yellow pine (SYP) lumber prices barely inched up from their lowest level of the year during the prior week, which was also the lowest level since June 2017. Forest2Market’s composite southern yellow pine lumber price for the week ending December 14 (week 51) was $377/MBF, a 0.8% increase from week 50’s price of $374/MBF, but a 9.2% decrease from the same week in 2017.
A closer look at some of the price trends in 2018:
- 1Q2018 Average Price: $449/MBF
- 2Q2018 Average Price: $523/MBF
- 3Q2018 Average Price: $486/MBF
- 4Q2018 Average Price: $386/MBF
- 2018 Average Price: $454/MBF